Product Highlights About This Item We aim to show you accurate product information.
- Congenital and Perinatal Infections: Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment?
- Most Downloaded Articles;
- Alkanes and Nomenclature;
- The Postcolonial Cultural Industry: Icons, Markets, Mythologies.
Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it. See our disclaimer.
- Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry: IUPAC Recommendations and Preferred Names 2013?
- Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry. IUPAC Recommendations and Preferred Names - Wikidata.
- The Theory of Money and Credit;
- Search Results.
- Organic Chemistry IUPAC Nomenclature Demystified - By Leah Fisch.
- Most Downloaded Articles.
- Mass Spectrometry in Medicinal Chemistry: Applications in Drug Discovery (Methods and Principles in Medicinal Chemistry).
Detailing the latest rules and international practice, this new volume can be considered a guide to the essential organic chemical nomenclature, commonly described as the "Blue Book. Nomenclature for chemical compounds additionally contains an explicit or implied relationship to the structure of the compound, in order that the reader or listener can deduce the structure from the name.
This purpose requires a system of principles and rules, the application of which gives rise to a systematic nomenclature.
- Transactional Analysis for Depression: A step-by-step treatment manual!
- Principles and Practice of Gastrointestinal Oncology.
- Joyce and Jung: The Four Stages of Eroticism in A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
Customer Reviews. Write a review. See any care plans, options and policies that may be associated with this product. Email address.
Please enter a valid email address. Walmart Services. Get to Know Us. Customer Service. In The Spotlight. Shop Our Brands. All Rights Reserved.
IUPAC nomenclature of organic chemistry - Wikiwand
It only takes a minute to sign up. I have learnt that after numbering the principal functional group which is ketone in this case, we have to treat all other groups as substituents and therefore I think the name should be 2-ethylmethylcyclohexenone.
When several structural features appear in cyclic and acyclic compounds, low locants are assigned to them in the following decreasing order of seniority:. You have correctly identified the principal characteristic group and assigned the lowest locant to the ketone in accordance with Rule c.
Next, a low locant is assgined to the double bond according to Rule e. Therefore, the name of the structure without further substituents is cyclohexenone rather than cyclohexenone since the locant 2 for the double bond is lower than 5. Sign up to join this community. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top.
Shop now and earn 2 points per $1
Home Questions Tags Users Unanswered. Asked 1 year, 2 months ago.
Active 1 year, 2 months ago. Viewed times. Why should the double bond be given priority?